Daily Bible Verse

Thursday, March 25, 2010

So Long Insecurity - Week Seven Discussion

Okay, here are our discussion questions for this week from Beth.  For her full post, click on the link at the right.

"Your assignment this week is to read CHAPTERS 12 and 13 and answer the following questions. (You will NOT want to miss Chapter 12. It's what the guys on the survey had to say about women's insecurities. Don't wait too long in the week to read Chapter 13 either. It's a little lengthier.)



1. Based on Chapter 12, name one "I already knew that" moment and one "that's new to me" moment, if either applies.


2. Based on Chapter 13, how does a weak will play into our insecurity?


I am looking so forward to your answers! Let's recommit to our journey together even if you've already read the whole book. Jump in here and discuss it with us and let's see several hundred more comments this time. In the spirit of 2 Corinthians 8:11, "Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it." Translation? Let's finish strong! "

1 comment:

  1. OK, after holidays I am finally caught up with the written portion!

    1. My "I already knew that" moment; women seem most insecure in the area of appearance.
    My "that's new to me" moments; was how obvious and repelling our insecurities are to men! The irony being that I personally have a hard time hiding anything.

    2. A weak will allows us to be tossed around on the torrent of our emotional reactions to things that challenge our security. Weak wills feed our insecurities making it difficult to make good decisions and consequently make us feel worse. I have been finding that I could recite the verses all I wanted but until I actually confessed God's way as truth and then believed IN in it I didn't have consistent victory that spiralled upward.

    2.

    ReplyDelete